Saturday, March 13, 2010

Makeanewplan, Stan

Lonely Rivers has a list.

Not a bucket list or a SarahLulu list, just a list of everything she wants or needs to do. A new list begins every January 1.

List 2010 lives in a yellow spiral notebook now held together by a wooden pinch clothespin. Lonely Rivers will write one day of the virtues of the two essentials in life: a wooden pinch clothespin and a fondue fork. LR believes that success in life, business,friendship, parenting,and marriage depend heavily on having these two critters on hand. That is for another day.

Lonely mistakenly thought the list existed for the giddy delight of crossing things off. To some degree it's true - the garbage would go out whether it was on the list or not. More pleasurable to take out the garbage AND cross it off the list. The list however annoys the brain and encourages the heart.

Be careful what you write on the list! You may find yourself really really enjoying third row center seats at the opera. Be still my heart.

5 comments:

Helen said...

Oh, Lonely Rivers ..... I much prefer making my list after the year ends ~ highlights only please.
Some would call that avoidance ...
Happy Saturday and Sunday to you!

Ralph said...

I'm even better at avoidance--I don't do lists or resolutions or anything like that--they lock me in to things that may seem important in January but become merely passing fancies by June. Besides, if I get hung up on accomplishing a list of tasks, I'm afraid I'll ignore the unplanned opportunity, or even resent it because it gets in the way of my pre-determined plan. I'll take each day as it comes, thanks...

Helen said...

Ah ... the giddiness of youth. There should be a book or film with that title.

Tabor said...

So this is an annual list and not a bucket list?

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I am always making list. Starting new ones and have not finished the old one. I am trying to not do it as much. But fearful I will forget something. I love your writing style!!! Makes me think. My life is so simple - I need to think more.