Friday, March 26, 2010

Filling up and spilling over

LR loves the music at FO's shop!

Market studies must say that Norah Jones sells stuff. Why else would every retail establishment and most elevators play constant Norah Jones? There must be a connection between the impulse to buy and Norah's Noises. LR was one of the first fans...an early Norah adopter of sorts. But face it: it's just like the salivating dog, play Come Away With Me.. and LR begins itching with primal retail longing. Too bad Norah..no longer the dark divine diva- you are now the musical muse of merchandising.

Fierce Business Owner Friend has her own approach. No market studies for her! Nope. FO personally picks all the music for her shop. Every single tune. A little bit blind opera singer, a little bit country Sara kicking Evans and a little bit Kate Smith Climbing Every Mountain. A little bit God Bless America on any day the congress passes healthcare reform. Throw in a very little bit Norah Jones and some YMCA and you have a very happy FO, and customers who are buying like crazy! Once she gets them shopping FO lets loose: KD Lang,some very old Chris Williamson and then latterday Joan Baez. Amazing. Amazing. Grace. LR likes it all. FO's music Rocks!
LR loves helping out at the shop. And she gets paid! To listen to music. By the hour.
Wake Me Up Before you Go Go.

8 comments:

Beth Niquette said...

I have to admit--I do love her music too.

Cloudhands said...

I love your friends eclectic mix. I'm old enought to have lived through a lot of wonderful and funky music crazes and there is something worth hearing in each. My tolerance of heavy metal is quite limited I must admit, but my youngest son encouraged me to listen to his head banging band while they practiced in our sunroom. Nora Jones is a most welcome sound for these old ears.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I am almost envious. Love music!! Some more then others
Your new header is beautiful.
Wish I was there!!!

Dolores said...

I love an assortment of music, but I really tire of hearing the same artist over and over.
I do like Nora, but not over and over.....
Have a good weekend!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Do not have your email. So here goes. The book you told me about "that reminded you of me". It just arrived. I have read a few pages and my eyes are filled with tears. It does sound like me.
Only I am in the 70th year and my dream has not come true totally as of yet. Still traveling to the city to groom the garden. Trips to the grocery to prepare for family this weekend.
Some will comment "do you like this isolation"?. So the rest of my dream will unfold. Maybe it is better to have days of me and the woods and then sometime back in civilation. Thank you - for telling me about "The Solitary Summer".

Brig said...

Love your friend's music choices they put a spring in my step and a song in my heart.
Thanks for stopping by my blog, I hope you can visit often. My son is in Shelton and a cousin in Quilcene so we're almost family.

Beth Niquette said...

Hi there!

After I scan them into my computer, I categorized them, then put them in acid free plastic sleeve thingies, then into notebooks.

In my computer I also put each card, postcard, illustration or old photo into categories. That way I know exactly where to look when I need something for my blog.

I put things into groups, like various holidays, thank you cards, children and the like.

Hope that helped!

Helen said...

Oh bring it on!!!! I love music and I love many different styles too. Hope your Sunday is a good one.