Friday, March 9, 2012

My Share

The tax man, the tax man, we all love the tax man. I understand taxes. I support taxes. I support the idea that those with more should pay more. I believe in helping those in need. I like good roads and libraries and schools and programs that make life better for everyone. I just don't feel like paying taxes today. Poor planning on my part. My rental, my misunderstanding of how SS is taxed, and a bit more income than I anticipated have resulted in an astounding tax bill this year. Ouch!!

4 comments:

Tabor said...

So next year I need to plan for a tax bill when I start to collect SS, I guess. Doing my taxes NEXT week.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

After years paying taxes. This year with no retirement, low SS and no interest - I did not have to pay taxes.
A part of me felt embarrassed but one daughter replied "be glad."

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

It keeps coming to mind about my comment.
I smile because of being in a good place. Nothing needed and nothing wanted:)
Except - health and wisdom

Dolores said...

I totally understand your feelings...I'm there too.