Monday, February 6, 2012

Done. Because.

Because I needed to finish my writing project, I invited friends for dinner last night.
Because I invited friends for dinner, I cleaned my house before beginning to cook.
Because I cleaned my house - I changed the sheets and towels and did laundry.
Because my house was clean and laundry done, I decided to cook new recipes.
Because I made new recipes, I had to shop and study the recipes.
Because I wanted everything to turn out right I spent most of yesterday making Ina Garton's Portabello Mushroom Lasagna and also her Pear Calfouti. Both excellent!!
Because wanted everything to look nice, I spent some time making the table pretty.
Because I really enjoy my friends we had a great dinner and evening.
Because I did all of this, I was tired and went to bed.
Because I was tired and went to bed, I didn't really work on the writing project.

So of course I was up early this morning so I could experience enough last minute pressure to finish and make the deadline for first review. Done.
Did I mention I am a writing procrastinator?

2 comments:

Dolores said...

You sound like me, I work better under pressure.....
Your meal and evening sounds delightful!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Your meal sounds wonderful.
Wish i were near :)