Thursday, January 13, 2011

Like Rain in a Drought

A good friend and CEO of a large organization sent a newletter to her staff today and shared her thoughts about the recent shootings. Her words were profoundly sad. But she ended her message as she often does with an action item:

"Perhaps you are feeling helpless and that the world is spinning out of control. I urge you to change your thinking right now. Each of us has the power to do some small thing to set things right. I urge you to do one totally unpredictable act of kindness in the next twenty four hours and show someone that the world is a little better than they thought it was going to be. I give you permission to do this on company time."


I commit to doing one totally unpredictable act of kindness in the next twenty four hours. Won't you join me?

8 comments:

Helen said...

YES!


(love the new photo)

Deb said...

Hello LR, thanks for visiting and commenting on the joys of SKYPING today. I count that as an act of kindness. Having someone who hears you and understands is priceless. And yes...I commit to doing a random act of kindness today too! Love, love, love that painting on your header..yours?

Dolores said...

Wonderful idea....and...I will do a random act of kindness today!!!
Thanks...

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I will do it :) -- think I did
I'll do another one :)

Tabor said...

I just noticed in your profile that you love Paul Simon lyrics and I just had to agree totally. These lyrics have always kept me thinking.

Marion Williams-Bennett said...

What a wonderful, thoughtful leader! Leadership, that's what is so missing and is so needed!

Yes!

Brig said...

****Yes****

Bring Pretty Back said...

She sounds like an amazing woman!! What a great leader!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin