Wednesday, September 30, 2009

How the heart approaches what it yearns....

I am tired of driving to work. I am tired of sitting in traffic, or wondering in winter if I can get home because of the snow and ice. So I am moving. I signed a short term lease on a city apartment. I am not selling my house. I am probably crazy. I just don't want to drive to work anymore. So for the next several months I will live in the city. I will walk to work. In the rain. I will take the bus or I will walk. Maybe I will write a book about being a crazy old lady who is tired of driving. In the rain. Who moves to the city. To walk to work. In the rain. And in the sunshine. Just walking in the rain. Getting soaking wet. I am not retiring. My car is.

4 comments:

Helen said...

An epiphany of grand proportion!
Bravo!

Ralph said...

Doesn't sound crazy to me. Your health will most likely improve measurably....congrats for taking such a leap.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Your not crazy - this will be a wonderful experience and something to write about.

Beth Niquette said...

Actually, the city can be a fun place to live. It has its own fascinating rhthms. I think you will love it.