Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I am sick to death of you Lorraine!

Visited my doc because I was feeling sick. She faxed in three prescriptions- two generic and one for which there was no generic. My pharmacy just called and said that my insurance won't pay for the non-generic right now, they need more information from my doc and it will take ten days for a decision. TEN DAYS. My choices: pay out of pocket $120 instead of the usual $40 copay or go without. Can this really happen? My heretofore "very good" insurance has paid for this drug in the past...but now they want more info from my doc. Like what do they want to know? Is this something like increased airport they want to know what's going on inside me? Do they want to know if I will die in the next ten days without that med? Well I won't - but shouldn't this be an issue? Would there have been anything different if I had also had medicare? Anyone? Ralph? I am so ticked off.


One Woman's Journey said...

so sorry you are experiencing this.
so far my HealthSpring (maynot be available in your area) pays most of the little medication I take.
I am fortunate only if I come down with some infeciton do I need medication besides a low dose of blood pressure medication.

Maggie said...

I know and understand. I so hope you get to feeling better and there is some other drug she can get for you. Hugs, and may all of you have a great holiday season.

Tabor said...

I think we will see more of this because none of the health care legislation addresses the complications of second guessing your doctor. I am wondering if you chew on this bone with your insurance long and hard if they will give in. It usually is based on an opinion and not a specific statistic.

Ralph said...

Sorry, no answers--and I'd be p.o.'d too. I think if it were me I'd have called the insurance company to find out what's up. I mean, I can see this happening after maybe some new kind of policy kicked in after the first of the year but now? Did you ever get to the bottom of it?