A long time ago I watched a teacher use this "trick" to help a student remember her spelling words. I share it today for all of us who occasionally struggle to keep numbers or names in our aging and sometimes unreliable brains, It works - at least in the short term. I am not aware that it is a copyrighted or patented method - but I do know that someone invented it.
1. Become aware of where your eyes go when you are trying to remember something (letters, names, numbers etc.) You will see that your eyes almost always go to the same place...maybe upper right, lower left..everyone is different.
2. Once you have that awareness, visually/mentally create an empty rectangle in that space. That is your memory box.
3. When you come upon something you want to remember (maybe a phone number, or a new name) consciously put that something in your memory box. (I visualize the numbers as I "put" them in my memory box.) Once you "have it" there, "look" at it in your mind.
4. When you want to retrieve that number, "look" at your memory box (move your eyes in the normal memory direction)- and...(hopefully) you will easily retrieve your information.
5. Of course the memory box is probably short term - so don't try to overload it with too many things.
6.Sorry, but it only works if you can first remember that you have created a memory box!
#435692 - Bacon Breakfast Tostadas Recipe
8 hours ago